Talking Shit about People

12:08 PM Posted by GloryBug

It seems like a no-brainer
You shouldn't talk shit about people.

That's what you'd think, anyways.

But last night I was talking to my children, and I was very surprised to learn that they somehow had the idea that it was possible for their dad and I to get back together.

Even though we've been apart more than 3 years. And that he spent over $50k in legal fees fighting over custody. Or, that he doesn't pay any support, and I haven't asked him to. Or, that I have so luckily hooked up with a musician I played with 15 years ago, who is also a vegetarian, and who I love to death. And who loves the kids.

We didn't have the typical divorce. Nobody cheated. I just had the niggly problem of not liking his drug use. Or of wanting to share custody with someone who uses drugs.

So it was weird, yesterday, when VvonV and I said that maybe we would get married on 09/09/09... and the kids said they wanted to participate. But before they went to bed they said they always thought that me and their dad would get back together. I don't know how good of a thing it was that I have kept my mouth shut about their dad. He was horrible, and I would never, ever want to be with him again. But I've never told my kids that. I think it best that they find out about what happened and what he did when they're adults. But it makes me sad thinking that they think that we could ever be together again. When they're older they can see the court transcripts and see exactly who their dad is, but it doesn't seem like it's my job to do that for them. Maybe they need to think of their dad a certain way right now. And I can deal with that.

Nevertheless, as far as I can tell, VvonV and I will be getting married on 09/09/09.
That's a great thing for me and the kids. Being poor musicians is great character building. It helps if you're great 'loopy in love', which I am.

Really good men are so hard to find. But when they are good men who do not drink, use drugs, or cheat... and are not obsessively religious--- and are vegetarian! Who could ask for anything more? Having a best friend is so highly underrated.

I am luckier than lucky. I guess I'll be updating by at least next week about our wedding.

0 comments:

Post a Comment